Do you walk around in fall-time and see trees laden with fruit?
Spread the good word about gleaning.
Let your neighbors know that people value and will eat the fruit on their tree.
1. Print out a flier. Cut it in half.
If you don’t have easy access to a printer, send us your current address and we’ll send some in the post!
2. Knock on your neighbor’s door, introduce yourself, and give them the flier(s).
- What are you doing with the fruit from your fruit tree?
- Would you like to give it to a food pantry?
- Did you that Glean Milwaukee will organize volunteers to help pick your fruit and deliver it to a food pantry?
- Glean Milwaukee has resources on the website to help identify pests, etc.
- You can contact Glean Milwaukee anytime via email or phone.
3. If they are not home, try again.
Last resort, leave the flier in their door.
Meeting face-to-face is the best! 🙂