1. Be an on-call harvester. Sign up here. – a great fit for service groups – business, churches, college groups.
2. Spread the Word.
- Post about us on your Facebook.
- Hang up fliers at your church or library.
2. Identify Fruit Trees in Your Neighborhood. Does your neighbor have an abundant fruit tree? Give them a fruit donation flier!
3. Tabling. Help (wo)man a table (festivals/fairs/conferences/etc)
4. Identify Under-Utilized Orchards. A surprising number of small, older orchards in the area are still producing. Planted years earlier on the grounds of institutions, they now lie unattended or under-utilized, yet their owners would appreciate both the opportunity to donate the fruit to local food shelves and the volunteer service of gleaning the fruit that otherwise falls, requiring clean-up. Help us find these orchards as well as active orchards interested in donating fruit.
5. Neighborhood coordinators. Help spread the word in your neighborhood, and build a list of neighborhood volunteers to harvest trees in your neighborhood each fall.
6. Donors. Support our work financially. You can write checks payable to Glean Milwaukee, and send them to Glean Milwaukee, 821 Buckingham Circle, Hartland, WI 53029.